- Editorial -
Do you know where your children are?
I don't think so!
Table of Contents
Each Day in America
* Youth Risk Behavior
Read through these shocking statistics. They
betray a lack of adult knowledge in behalf of our younger
generation. Mothers and Fathers must supervise, monitor, guide,
manage and become parents after birth of their children.
"The ability to propagate a family, does not
make one." gsa
Each Day in America
4 children are killed by abuse or neglect.
5 children or teens commit suicide.
8 children or teens are killed by firearms.
155 children are arrested for violent crimes.
296 children are arrested for drug crimes.
1,154 babies are born to teen mothers.
2,467 high school students drop out.*
2,421 children are confirmed as abused or neglected.
3,477 children are arrested.
18,221 public school students are suspended.*
* Based on calculations per school day (180
days of seven hours each)
Risk Behavior Surveillance - United States, 2005
* During the 12 months preceding the survey, 9.2% of
students nationwide had been hit, slapped, or physically hurt on
purpose by their boyfriend or girlfriend
* Nationwide, 7.5% of students had ever been physically forced to
have sexual intercourse when they did not want to
* During the 12 months preceding the survey, 7.9% of students
nationwide had been threatened or injured with a weapon
* Nationwide, 6.0% of students had not gone to school on >1 of the
30 days preceding the survey because they felt they would be unsafe
at school or on their way to or from school
* During the 12 months preceding the survey, 28.5% of students
nationwide had felt so sad or hopeless almost every day for >2 weeks
in a row that they stopped doing some usual activities
* Nationwide, 16.9% of students had seriously considered attempting
suicide during the 12 months preceding the survey
* During the 12 months preceding the survey, 13.0% of students
nationwide had made a plan about how they would attempt suicide
* Nationwide, 8.4% of students had actually attempted suicide one or
more times during the 12 months preceding the survey
* Nationwide, 43.3% of students had had at least one drink of
alcohol on >1 of the 30 days preceding the survey
* Nationwide, 38.4% of students had used marijuana one or more times
during their life
* Nationwide, 7.6% of students had used any form of cocaine
* Nationwide, 46.8% of students had had sexual intercourse during
* Nationwide, 6.2% of students had had sexual intercourse for the
first time before age 13 years
* Nationwide, 14.3% of students had had sexual intercourse with >4
persons during their life